TPPC POLLINATOR PROTECTION WORKGROUP
In January 2016 the TPPC established a pollinator protection workgroup.
Membership: open to any tribe working on developing a tribal pollinator protection plan. Other government agencies invited to participate.
Purpose: to serve as a support network for tribes working to take actions to protect pollinators; to develop guidelines or a template for a tribal pollinator protection plan; and to raise the visibility of the challenges tribes face as they work to protect pollinators.
Format: monthly conference calls to meet for one year.
Organization: the group may organize itself as it chooses and as such will identify a chairperson to lead group activities and a secretary to assist with planning calls, taking notes, and tracking action items.
Activities: monitor the experience of each tribe as they work to develop pollinator protection plans. Document the lessons learned. Develop a clearinghouse of tribal pollinator protection resources for tribes.
Next Meeting: September 13, 2017, 1:00PM -2:30PM EDT
Call-In Number: 1-866-299-3188
Code: 703-308-2718# (through October 2017)
Webinar Link: http://epawebconferencing.acms.com/r2ay7hvr00c/
- 45 minutes: Presentation by Brady Kent, Yakama Nation
Brady will present a brief overview of a few past and present natural pollinator projects they have on their land. He will describe how those ideas and concepts will help in writing their pollinator protection plan.
- Anyone on the call is welcome to provide a short summary of their current activities, challenges, progress on developing their pollinator plan.
- Open Discussion
- Future Meetings:
- October: Next in-person TPPC Meeting Report
- November: TBD. Your ideas are welcome!
- Minutes from 12/14/16 Workgroup meeting
- Presentation from 11/8/16 Workgroup meeting – 1
- Presentation from 11/8/16 Workgroup meeting – 2
- Minutes from 11/9/16 Pollinator Workgroup Call
- Minutes from 10/26/16 Workgroup meeting
- Presentation from 1/11/17 Workgroup meeting
- Minutes from 1/11/17 Workgroup meeting
- Minutes from 2/8/17 Workgroup meeting
- Minutes from 3/1/17 Workgroup meeting
- Presentation from 4/12/17 Workgroup meeting
- Notes from 5/10/17 Workgroup meeting
- Notes from 6/14/17 Workgroup meeting
- Minutes from 7/12/17 Workgroup meeting
- Presentation from 8/9/17 Workgroup meeting
- Notes from 8/9/17 Workgroup meeting
Upcoming meetings are scheduled in 2017 for September 13, October 11, November 8, and December 13.