TPPC POLLINATOR PROTECTION WORKGROUP
In January 2016 the TPPC established a pollinator protection workgroup.
Membership: open to any tribe working on developing a tribal pollinator protection plan. Other government agencies invited to participate.
Purpose: to serve as a support network for tribes working to take actions to protect pollinators; to develop guidelines or a template for a tribal pollinator protection plan; and to raise the visibility of the challenges tribes face as they work to protect pollinators.
Format: monthly conference calls to meet for one year.
Organization: the group may organize itself as it chooses and as such will identify a chairperson to lead group activities and a secretary to assist with planning calls, taking notes, and tracking action items.
Activities: monitor the experience of each tribe as they work to develop pollinator protection plans. Document the lessons learned. Develop a clearinghouse of tribal pollinator protection resources for tribes.
Next Meeting: February 13, 2019; 1-2:30 PM EDT
Call-In Number: 202-991-0477; Code: 5471071
- Go-Around/check in
- Discussion: TPPC Meeting and Report “Status of pesticides in Indian country”- What recommendations were developed and included in the report? (We had talked about the importance of developing strong recommendations that could be included in the report, which will be a long lasting document and living document, short timeline, by March 2019)
- Ask the group, what is the status of plans, draft or final?
- Has your tribe identified pollinator protection goals?
- The purpose of a tribal pollinator protection plan is for each tribe to work with their stakeholder groups to collaboratively understand their landscape and unique pollinator protection needs. The goals set by a tribe can be recommendations or enforceable policies. Each goal should include an implementation strategy outlining timelines and a specific method to measure the success of each goal. A plan is meant to be a dynamic document, which can be periodically reviewed and updated with essential stakeholder input.
- Jessica White Plume-Update on work done by her group
- Who would be a good future guest speaker?
Our meetings are each second Wednesday of the month.
- Minutes from 12/14/16 Workgroup meeting
- Presentation from 11/8/16 Workgroup meeting – 1
- Presentation from 11/8/16 Workgroup meeting – 2
- Minutes from 11/9/16 Pollinator Workgroup Call
- Minutes from 10/26/16 Workgroup meeting
- Presentation from 1/11/17 Workgroup meeting
- Minutes from 1/11/17 Workgroup meeting
- Minutes from 2/8/17 Workgroup meeting
- Minutes from 3/1/17 Workgroup meeting
- Presentation from 4/12/17 Workgroup meeting
- Notes from 5/10/17 Workgroup meeting
- Notes from 6/14/17 Workgroup meeting
- Minutes from 7/12/17 Workgroup meeting
- Presentation from 8/9/17 Workgroup meeting
- Notes from 8/9/17 Workgroup meeting